Tech Support Technician with Advancement
In its commitment to long-term expansion and enhanced service to customers and community, Asentria Corporation’s standards of employee skills, competence and teamwork are and shall remain among the highest in the field.
Thus, for the position of Tech Support Technician, the employee will perform the following duties:
- Rapidly learn Asentria and related products sufficient to provide accurate and effective technical support and services to Asentria customers and potential customers.
- Conduct timely resolution of customer problems and questions via phone or email.
- Document accurately and thoroughly all communications concerning customer issues.
- Escalate issues to senior support staff immediately when it becomes apparent that help is needed.
- Develop rapport and good relationships with Asentria customers by presenting a cheerful demeanor, responding promptly, and providing accurate information.
- When assigned, be the main technical contact for customers who are evaluating our products and maintain regular contact to ensure they are not having any problems and quickly address any questions they may have.
- Issue RMA’s for advance replacement or repair as necessary.
- Log as received and conduct initial investigations of all product returned for repair, or that were replaced and require further investigation to isolate the root cause of the problem, as needed
- Write documentation that explains features, product functionality, and other technical topics that apply to Asentria products, as needed for both internal use and to send to customers.
- Write bug reports and feature requests that Engineering and Product Management will use to either develop bug fixes or features in future software versions.
- Contribute to the tech support knowledge base to share data among all tech support reps.
- Monitor the status of all outstanding RMA’s to ensure they are moved through the system in a timely manner, as requested.
- Summarize and close outstanding RMA’s, and route units and paperwork appropriately, as requested.
- On occasion travel to customer sites as needed for all the above roles.
- Other technically related tasks as needed to assist the successful marketing, sale, delivery, and use of Asentria products.
- Excellent technical aptitude and technical skills;
- Good communication skills and customer relation skills;
- Good organizational skills and follow through of administrative actions;
- The ability to prioritize tasks and get them done;
- Positive problem solving and perseverance;
- The ability to rapidly learn and apply new technologies to successful result;
- Good general computer and typing skills;
- High intelligence in the above areas and in general;
- A fast paced, self-motivated approach to productivity;
- Good customer skills when customer contact is required;
- Good technical and general English writing skills;
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals and product specifications;
- The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Willingness and ability to be extremely flexible, switch contexts without much trouble, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent typing, spelling, reading, and learning skills;
- Good organizational and analytical skills;
To the end that Asentria products are optimally technically fitted to customer applications so that sales are optimally facilitating and customers are technically capable of operating Asentria products, with high quality and in volume.
In addition to the technical knowledge, experience and competence required of a Tech Support Technician, Asentria employees must also possess personal aptitude to solving problems, high intelligence, perseverance and orderliness, responsibility, drive toward and satisfaction at the attainment of goals, calmness and endurance under stressful conditions, consistency and predictability in the regular attendance to duty, individual initiative as well as participation in group efforts, correct estimation of specific circumstances and an absence of unconstructive or ill-considered criticism, fairness, empathy and appreciation toward fellow workers and effective communications skills.
In keeping with these job requirements, Asentria Corp utilizes application forms, interview procedures and pre-employment non-medical testing regimens that will assist the company to determine whether applicants possess the skills, competency and above personal attributes necessary to meet the company’s performance standards. Applicants for Tech Support Technician undergo such screening procedures.