Case Study – Advanced Remote Telecom Site Automation
During the early telecom site design planning in Alaska, the customer knew they wanted to use the SiteBoss device to control the transfer of power sources. With a remote site on a mountain-top, the device enabled all the benefits of a telecom site automation application.
Using the SiteBoss to control the transfer of power sources at the site helps prevent the failure of a site using a single power source. By using multiple power sources, the customer reduced the number of site visits for regular maintenance and saved a significant amount on costs. The mountain-top site also integrated the SiteBoss device with Intermapper, a network management software. The integration allowed for a high degree of visibility of how the site is operating and improved maintenance visits by understanding the specifics of a site issue.
Customer at a Glance
- Industry: Telecom, Utilities, Rail – Single site supporting all these functions.
- Location: North America, Alaska
- Network size: Single Site
Project at a Glance
- No of sites: 1
- Project duration (# of days): 1 year in service
- Installed products: SiteBoss550
- Included services: Installation & Configuration, Systems Integration
- Solutions/s: Power System Management, Generator Management, Site Security, and Environment
- Main Benefit: Site visibility and control to reduce costs.
Download our free case study that provides additional details about the advanced remote telecom site automation solution and success: